Agile UX Research & Design
- Lead a User Research team using design thinking and quantitative evaluation techniques to improve UX design and global product strategy.
- Develop curricula and teach graduate courses in the College of Computing and Informatics at Drexel University.
- Research & Teaching Fellow in Information Science at Drexel University while earning a Ph.D. Publications presented at orgs including MIT, IBM, and Google.
- Architect user experiences and interaction design for a $1 Billion+ / year sales e-Commerce company that was later sold to eBay
- Co-founder and early hire at technology start-ups, working with life-sciences and information technology clients in Boston and Cambridge.
- Full-stack developer on the Penn School of Medicine internal start-up team that launched VC2000, a first generation e-learning site for medical education.
I built and lead a remote research practice working with international stakeholders. We use tools including MURAL remote whiteboarding, UserZoom, Calendly, WebEx, and Rev/Temi, reaching users around the world. I employ Artifical Intelligence (AI) tools to automate our work.
Agile Practice Guide
Working with a group of international agile experts, I researched reading and learning preferences to guide the design the structure and information architecture of the Agile Practice Guide, a touchstone agile publication used by leading organizations around the globe.
Information Architecture: The Design and Integration of Information Spaces
Co-written with Wei Ding and Xia Lin, our book covers the main methods, techniques, and theories for organizing information while making it findable and interactive. Our goal is to help people who are learning IA / UX, along with practitioners looking for a guidebook, find techniques to manage information and implement user-centered design in their work. This updated and revised edition looks at integrated information spaces for mobile, web, and beyond - with a focus on putting principles into practice.